Monday, September 29, 2008

Scary Times

The state of the economy today terrifies me. Turning on the tv to watch what is going on with Wallstreet reminds me of 9/11 and how I felt when I turned on the tv just before the 2nd tower collapsed. It's gut wrenching.

How did the country let the economy get so out of control? My theory is and has been - GREED! Everyone got too greedy. Everyone wanted to have it all at the expense of others. How could people do this to others and their country?

We are supposed to be the ones that take care of others...that come to the aid of those in need...that help their neighbors during times of crisis. But something went horribly wrong....

So, now who helps us if we can't help ourselves? And, where do we go from here?

I'm truly disappointed in my country and ashamed of our government.

Check out other comments on this crisis at this link.

1 comment:

yacylia said...

That is part of the problem, that America is always coming to the rescue, instead of rescuing itself. Most of the money lost is because of lending a hand to other in the last year to never see that money back. If our country would decide to keep it's help within it's borders, much of this would not be happening. But I believe there are cycles in history sort of like this one, it comes and goes. Like how the country was prosperous and then the great depression hit. Same thing different name. We will all make it though fighting tooth and nail.