Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Cricut Valentine Cards & Snow in Texas!

Well Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Did you make your cards this year? Even though we aren't big on Valentine's celebrations, cards are always a staple.

And, I made a couple with the Cricut. This fist one was made with Paper Pups and Don Juan. I added dimension by layering several cuts on top of each other. The paper was all from MAMBI and miscellaneous brown and white cardstocks.



This next card was sort of an experiment. I used the Cricut Gypsy and Paper Pups to cut out the Love card then embossed it with gold glitter powder and UTEE. Then cracked it and backed it with pink vellum. I liked the glass ceramic look. This was also MAMBI paper. I decided I not to use the traditional Valentine colors and I love the results. On another note, we got tons (6-8 inches is a ton for us) of snow in North Texas today. This was a very pleasant surprise since we usually don't even get enough to make a snowman. Anyway, I made a mini snowman just because being a native South Floridian I have never ever made a snowman. So, I decided to throw caution to the wind and bring out my inner child.

And here is my little man.
Isn't he cute?


And here are some more pictures of the snow.

We're loving it.
But I wouldn't want much more like the Northeast is going through.
This is perfect.
Well, I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day. Until next time.




Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/wizard2_2.php#ixzz0fGt2YpJA

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Very Nice! I can't decide which one I like the best! Great Job!

Fab said...

Hey Cat, thanks for the lovely comment. Yes we're lucky we've had a lovely Craft Day on QVC UK and the TSV was from Tim Holtz, no guesses that I went for it ! Although we will have to eat beans on toast for the next two weeks ! LOL X Fab

Pryn said...

Those Valentines are so cute!!!! I love them!!!!

Rebecca said...

I looooove those cards!