Friday, January 30, 2009

CHA, Yudu and Eyebrow Threading

Wow! Have you been checking out the bloggers that had the priviledge of going to CHA this week? Looks like there's a lot of new scrapbooking goodies to devour. One of my favorite bloggers has been Craft Critique . Not only do they have great pictures, but they also have cool videos of the goings on (check out the Paris Hilton videos at CHA!). Also, check out Scrapbook Update for more awesome photos and reviews then link to ScrapNancy's Flickr site to see even more CHA photos.


I have a terrible addiction to collecting scrapbooking supplies with high hopes of actually using all of them. Anyway, my favorite findings on some of these blogs are the Provocraft Yudu screen printing machine. I saw this on HSN yesterday and it looked like loads of fun. Check out Provocraft's page for videos on this baby.


I was also impressed with Heidi Swapp's Invisibles and all the Maya Road goodies. Not to mention the trusted lines such as Cosmo Cricket, K&Co, Prima, Fancy Pants, Basic Grey, Tim Holz, etc, etc.


So, on to another subject. Have you heard of eyebrow threading? It's a hair removal technique done with thread. Looks like this:


(Photo courtesy of Eyebrow Threading Class.com). It was not completely painless; you can feel a little pinching as the hairs are removed, but it's not as painful as waxing. And the lady that did it for me was quick. It probably took 3 minutes tops. The only downside I found was my eyebrow area was a little swollen and red for a while afterwards. I just put some aloe vera gel on it and it was back to normal in a couple of hours. I am pleased with the results and will do it again. Here's my results.

Give it a try sometime. A friend of a friend did it for me but I've seen threading kiosks at the mall offering the service. The service is very affordable too around $10-$15.

Well, that's all I have for today. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed out that I didn't go to CHA Winter...so much eyecandy that I missed...grrr. Okay, I have never had the eyebrow threading done. It sounds painful to me. But your eyebrows look really good. I dunno, I guess I'm just an old-fashioned "rip your eyebrow hairs out all at once" kind of girl, heehee :)

yacylia said...

I like the pics you used in this post. When are you posting again?