Friday, December 16, 2011

Merry Tags for Blocks

As promised, here’s a look at my Christmas blocks. 
CIMG3032
I made these with the Cricut Alphabet font (love this font!) and Winter Frolic for the snowman and ornament shapes. These were so easy to make I was done in a few of hours. See my original altered blocks post for more information and a video tutorial on making the blocks.
I cut the letters in Real Dial Size to better control the size proportion to the ornament.  I also cut the shadows so that the letters would stand out.  CIMG3034Then I gave them some texture with an embossing folder. 
Here’s a look at a couple of close ups.
CIMG3035










I kept it simple this time and only added glitter to the snowman.  
So simple and so cute.  These are the times I love my Cricut and love not having to hunt down images online.
Hopefully, my seasonal blocks inspired you this year.  I’m thinking of making a set for the new year and then cycling through the ones I already made this year come spring.
I have a couple more projects to share this season so stay tuned!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




  Cat

3 comments:

lovemypaper said...

"WOW" this is super cute.Thank for your wonderful comment you left on my blog. I am your newest follower.

Anonymous said...

They're adorable!!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I am so impressed with these. You are one talented lady! I am a new follower visiting from Sew Stylish Boutique. Vicky from Mess For Less